Sunday, July 21, 2013

The backroom we neglect



Everyone has that back room that we unconsciously refuse to give the time of day too. For some it is the guest room while for others it is either the attic or basement. For my peers, as well as I, attending NJIT that room would have to be the one in the back of redwood halls lobby. For all four years it's been there and has made a dramatic change in appearance each year which isn't noticed until it is almost time to leave it. Those who have moved away from a home they may have appreciated could agree to this statement. From the plain white empty brick walled room to the designs on it now with desks and TV. It has alway been there. For my final days on campus I only see it fitting to sit in that same room and reflect upon all the nostalgic memories I've endured through the process of the program. I mean, it only seems fair.









No comments:

Post a Comment